Thursday, February 11, 2016

The Longest Week before holiday

Happy Chinese New Year everyone!

This Chinese New Year as usual, I go back home to visit my family. I am more than excited!
But the difference this year is that I am working now (since I have graduated), so I only got 2 weeks off instead of the usual 1 month
and for me, that a couple of weeks before the holiday feels like the longest week ever!

The thing is, here in Taiwan, the government limits the amount of holidays/year. This year Chinese New Year holiday is from Monday Feb 8 - Thur Feb 11, so we had one Friday that stuck between those red days. And since everyone wants a full week off, the government moved the work day to Saturday 30th! (It's called 補上班)

In other words, I had only one Sunday day-off between 1/25-2/5. It felt like 2 weeks non-stop working day! I did not know that one day-off can make such a huge difference.

So in order for us to have a day-off on 2/12, we have to work on 1/30


And here is what I felt during the last week of work:

Nah, just kidding! The last week before Chinese new year usually pretty busy (well, at least for me since I got one deadline that I should finish before going back home). Since I take 1 more week-off, I need to finish more works than my colleagues. 

But that pays-off! Instead of just one week off, I got 2 weeks holiday to go back home! And here I am.. enjoying every second of it!

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment